Friday, August 26, 2011

Master's Thesis Defense

I defended my master's thesis in front of a panel of 6 economics professors on April 28, 2011. The outcome: unanimous pass with honors. On the first picture I am introducing the topic by talking about innovative approaches to measuring subjective well-being. The examples on the slide include: the United Nations' Human Development Report, Gallup-Healthways' Well-Being Index, the New Economic Foundation's Happy Planet Index, and the Legatum Institute's Legatum Prosperity Index Report.

On the second picture I am presenting the empirical methodology I employed for my research: household fixed effects, instrumental variables, and ordered probit. If you are able to connect the dots. The hh fixed effects and instrumental variables equations represent the regression output I posted for my Welcome! entry.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment